Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Robbed, Violated and Debased

Yesterday’s outing to the luxurious “Engine 57” for lunch turned into one hell of a day as I discovered that I was overdrawn on my ATM card.

It seems that over the last 5 days some Austrian sun, or daughter, of a biaaatch has been using my ATM number to shop. Overall almost $3,000 gone in a matter of days. The bank (WaMu), clueless as they are, did not catch the excessive charges nor did they notice that my account was being accessed from an EU nation while, at the same time, I was making smaller charges in Los Angeles.

The ordeal itself, and having to deal with the bank and all the different hierarchies within, left me a bit depressed and incapable of reading my contracts assignment which I was so looking forward to. My day was wasted. I also, strangely enough, felt violated. I don’t know who is doing this but I was in Vienna a few months ago and it may very well be someone I know.
As for my money return, I will have to wait a week.

So, if you see me looking sullen and hungry while drooling over your lunch, be an angel, and offer me a bite as i cannot afford to loose any weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->
Name:
Location: LA, California, United States
...three years ago, the leader of al-Qaida in Mesopotamia wrote to his guru Osama Bin Laden, saying that there was a real danger of the electoral process succeeding in Iraq and of "suffocating" the true Islamist cause. The only way of preventing this triumph of the democratic heresy, wrote Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was to make life so unbearable for the heretical Shiites that they would respond in kind. The ensuing conflict would ruin all the plans of the Crusader-Zionist alliance." By Mr. Hitch"