Thursday, April 05, 2007

Viva Las-Batman

Spring break is here. A time to get away from the law and focus on self; myself.

I did so by going to Vegas. We stayed at the Bellagio. It has art galleries, amazing high-end fashion shops, great shows, and phenomenal views. The pool area was wonderful as well and most of our days were spent tanning (or I though I was tanning but my SPF50 worked way too well). We also had a few great meals including at the The Eiffel Tower Restaurant. (The fillet is awesome as so is the coffee). However, the name should have been "LE JULES VERNE" which is the actual name of the restaurant on the real tower.

Two gay man would not be in Vegas unless it was for the shows. We saw O, Blue Men, Zoomanity, Mystere, and Phantom. Most were solid. However, Blue Men was an atrocity, while O was an outstanding spectacle.

”O” is stunning to watch, technically a marvel to behold, and very engaging. The stage is a pool that can become a sold floor in seconds. The performers are hot, both the girls and the guys, and the stunts are lavishly dangerous. I cannot say enough about this show. It simply took my breath away.

While in Vegas I also began to read for pleasure. Having never read a comic book, yet inspired by "300," I had picked up Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns , a Batman story.

It was very cool and fast paced. Just what I needed to unwind from school. Upon my return, I bought a few more graphic novels, and have been enjoying them for the last few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->
Name:
Location: LA, California, United States
...three years ago, the leader of al-Qaida in Mesopotamia wrote to his guru Osama Bin Laden, saying that there was a real danger of the electoral process succeeding in Iraq and of "suffocating" the true Islamist cause. The only way of preventing this triumph of the democratic heresy, wrote Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was to make life so unbearable for the heretical Shiites that they would respond in kind. The ensuing conflict would ruin all the plans of the Crusader-Zionist alliance." By Mr. Hitch"